- drink plenty of water-it is important that you do not become dehydrated
- wear cotton other other natural fabrics and loose fitting clothing
- stay indoors during the afternoon when temperature are highest- go for your walk or other outside activities in the early morning or in the evening
- eat plenty of protein-this will help you avoid swelling
- eat small frequent meals as your appetite may be small with the heat
- salt food to taste-you will be sweating out some of this essential nutrient
- go swimming-this is the ideal summer exercise for pregnant women
- take a nap if you're tired
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Pregnant in Summer...
Summer is here! In Colorado it seems to have taken until July before it has really felt like summer. How can you cope with the heat while pregnant during the summer?
Posted by Amy at 11:30 AM